Former Chelsea striker considers Stamford Bridge job following Jose Mourinho sacking
Andriy Shevchenko says he's not ready for management just yet
 
ANDRIY SHEVCHENKO has suggested that he would be interested in managing Chelsea… although not for a few years.
 
Jose Mourinho was let go by the club after a spell of poor result this season, leaving the Blues struggling near the foot of the table in 16th.
Guus Hiddink is understood to be the interim replacement, filling in similar style to the 2008/09 season when he replaced Luiz Felipe Scolari.
 
However, that hasn't stopped people from dreaming, asking former striker Shevchenko if he would consider the role.
"Listen, I won't start my career for another year yet," he said at the Kuwait Champions Challenge.
 
"When I have started, it will probably be the right question for me."
Instead, the former Ukraine international has admitted he's focussing on other back-room roles before venturing straight into management.
 
"Right now, I'm still thinking about by career as in management like as a sporting director or working in administration of a club," he added.
"Maybe I will soon start my own career as a manager."

Post a Comment Blogger Disqus

 
Top