Man United set to beat Chelsea, Liverpool, and Arsenal in race for Leeds youngster
Cook has been heralded as an old head on young shoulders
MANCHESTER UNITED are planning to swoop for Leeds United midfielder Lewis Cook.
 
The 18-year-old has already made 50 appearances for Leeds, who are on their second manager of the season and are languishing 15th in the Championship.
Cook is a key member of the England under-19 squad, and has attracted the attention of Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester City.
However according to ESPN it is United who look to be at the front of the queue to sign the youngster, who has been dubbed the new Paul Scholes due to his playmaking abilities.
 
Louis van Gaal is likely to be strengthening his first team in January, and while Cook may be seen as too young to make his Premier League debut, the 2014/15 Championship Apprentice of the Year is an old head on young shoulders.
Cook signed a new contract at Elland Road at the end of last season, keeping him with the club until 2017, and said at the time it was an easy decision.
"I’m over the moon, all the hard work this season has paid off I think," Cook said in May.
 
Man United set to beat Chelsea, Liverpool, and Arsenal in race for Leeds youngster
Cook has hit top form under new Leeds boss Steve Evans
"I’m delighted to sign with Leeds United, I’ve really enjoyed this last season. 
"I’m enjoying my football and enjoying being here. I’ve got no regrets. 
"There was a bit of speculation around it all, but as soon as I was told I was going to be signed, I did it."

Post a Comment Blogger Disqus

 
Top