I won't walk away: Steve McClaren makes promise ahead of clash with former Newcastle boss
McClaren has had a 'feisty' week in training but he claims it's a good thing for the team
STEVE McCLAREN has vowed not to walk away from Newcastle United despite the club's disappointing start to the season.
 
The Toon boss  admitted training ground sessions had been "feisty" in the wake of last week's 3-0 debacle at home to Leicester.
There had been a series of heated exchanges between the management staff and senior players, including captain Fabricio Coloccini.
Asked if he had ever been tempted to quit, McClaren said: "No, no. Absolutely, I knew this was tough. We all did.
 
"It's about turning it around and it's a long process. And a painful one at times.
"I don't like watching my teams performing like they did last week. That was painful to watch."
Palace manager Alan Pardew, however, swerved a media briefing 24 hours before facing his old club.
 
I won't walk away: Steve McClaren makes promise ahead of clash with former Newcastle boss
Pardew avoided the media the day before his clash with his old club
But his assistant Keith Millen said: "I assure you he has nothing to hide. I don't think its anything to do with his former club, he just asked me to take over.
"We don't see this as a grudge game or anything, and its not about getting one over them."

Post a Comment Blogger Disqus

 
Top