Montero ready to test Tottenham's defence as Swansea face Spurs
Jefferson Montero is ready to test Tottenham's defence
JEFFERSON MONTERO – the man known as ‘The Turbine’ – is ready to put Tottenham’s defence through the wringer at the Liberty Stadium this afternoon.
 
Swansea winger Montero, 25, was one of the season’s early stars before suffering a thigh injury.
Now he’s is back to full fitness and ready to unleash the pace and trickery that gave opposition defenders such nightmares a couple of months ago.
“I am 100 per cent fit and ready to go but I now have to prove myself again,” said Montero, dubbed ‘La Turbina’ in his homeland of Ecuador.
“The manager has a lot of confidence in me and he tells me to attack, and I am more than happy to do that.
‘‘I love to have the ball and run at people and use my speed. I like to look up and see that my opponent is tiring or being worn out.”
While Mauricio Pochettino is preparing Tottenham for their seventh match in a gruelling three weeks, making today’s difficult trip to Swansea even tougher.
The upcoming international break will be a welcome respite for the north Londoners after a frantic spell of fixtures.
But it is a test they have passed impressively bar the Capital One Cup defeat to Arsenal, with Thursday’s Europa League draw in Monaco coming just days after thrashing Manchester City.
 
That was a third straight Premier League win and a run Spurs will look to extend at the Liberty Stadium – a task Pochettino knows will be far from easy.
“The effort was fantastic from players in the last few weeks,” he said. “We played a lot of games.
“We expect another big game and a very tough one. Swansea is a team that started the season very well.”

Post a Comment Blogger Disqus

 
Top