JURGEN KLOPP insists he is happy with Liverpool’s transfer model and that no player will sign for the club unless he wants him to.

 
Jurgen Klopp speaks out on Liverpool's transfer policy after Brendan Rodgers claims
Jurgen Klopp insists he will have the final say on transfers at Liverpool
 
The manager said he did not share the misgivings of predecessor, Brendan Rodgers, .
Klopp cut through the ongoing debate over Liverpool’s transfer committee, however, and rejected the notion a player would arrive at Anfield whom he did not want.
"It is as it when I said on the first day I came here; it is like I used to work,” said Klopp. “Sometimes my staff and myself have an idea with a player we know or heard about and we collect some information about this.
 
“If I don't want the player to come here, he will not come and if the player I want does not fit our budget then he will not come too. That is absolutely normal.”
Klopp continued: "If I say, for example, we take Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who is 34, and we would have to pay £100m then maybe I should ask before I sign him.”
The Anfield boss also insisted he was fully behind the decision to give goalkeeper Simon Mignolet a new five-year contract and described him as the perfect package.
 
Mignolet’s performances have come under heavy scrutiny, but Klopp said: "We will not have offered him a contract if we had the same thinking [as his critics] - a lot of people who speak about this situation always talk about new goalkeepers.
"But when I came here I heard nothing negative about Simon with all the people I spoke to. There was nothing to criticise; there have been a lot of games since I have been here and he has been involved in goals we have conceded - as is normal with goalkeepers - but we thought about the package and Simon Mignolet is perfect.
"He is a smart guy, young enough to develop in the things he has to develop and he gives the whole team a good feeling when he is in the starting line-up.
“The result was we were sure we wanted to work with him for the next few years. We are satisfied with this position.”

Post a Comment Blogger Disqus

 
Top