Alan Pardew reveals his Crystal Palace plans for first clash with Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool
Pardew is no shrinking violet on the touchline
MOST of you will have burned your bonfires last night - but the fireworks could still be going off at Anfield on Sunday afternoon.
 
In fact, there could be as many explosions off the pitch as there are on it when two of the most volatile managers in the Premier League go mouth to mouth on the touchline.
Liverpool's new man Jurgen Klopp has already shown himself to be up there with the loudest at shouting matches. Crystal Palace's Alan Pardew has history in the same field.
Both wear their hearts on their sleeves and are not afraid to show it, which is probably what each will do for the best part of 90 minutes at Anfield.
Pardew, infamous for his head-butting clash with Hull City's David Meyler last season, insists he is doing his best to keep the passion under control and behave himself.
Klopp, who has already signalled what he is about following a couple of verbal clashes with Jose Mourinho and one of the Chelsea bench last week, voices similar sentiments.
The Palace boss says: "I have never met Jurgen Klopp, but I have seen him on the sidelines and he is very similar to the way I am. Maybe they will need to keep us apart.
"He's had a great start and he'll be looking to continue that, but we are both going to be intense to try to get our teams to win."
 
Alan Pardew reveals his Crystal Palace plans for first clash with Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool
Klopp is known as one of the most extrovert characters during games
Pardew insisted that he is not expecting any ugly confrontations with the German.
"Whenever I have come up against a manager similar to myself we never have an issue really," he said. "And I don't expect there to be any with Klopp on Sunday.
"We are just a little bit more expressive in our feelings than other managers."
Pardew revealed the League Managers Association had studied what goes on in technical boxes between managers and coaches during matches.
"The most important people in there are the managers and after my couple of incidents I am certainly on my guard to make sure my behaviour is spot on," he added. "I have been ok this year and I intend to stay that way.
 
"Managers have different styles. Louis Van Gaal, for instance, doesn't move from his seat and writes on his pad. But there is still a kind of presence about him and a manner that he is in control.
" Alex Ferguson rarely stood on the touchline - only in Fergie time - so maybe that was a tactical ploy, who knows?
"He once told me to sit down, but that isn't really me. It was good advice at the time and I took it on board, but it isn't natural for me."
What is natural, he hopes, is for him and Klopp to down a glass of wine together after the match.
"I think you get a nice pie there as well so that's something to look forward to," he added.

Post a Comment Blogger Disqus

 
Top